Thousands Flock to Gulfstream Park & The Village
* Gulfstream Park was opened on Wednesday February 1, 1939
* The initial meeting had a crowd of 18,000.
* The Gulfstream Park Handicap was first run in 1946
* Florida Derby began in 1952.
* Gulfstream Park introduced turf racing for the first time in 1959.In
* The following year, the Florida Derby became the first stakes in Florida with a $100,000 purse.
* A big break for Gulfstream Park came in 1972, when the track was awarded "middle dates" for a 40-day January through April meet.
* In 1980, Hall of Fame rider Angel Cordero Jr. set a meeting record with 60 winners.
* In 1986, the renovation of the track was completed with the new Gulfdome, a domed dining terrace.
* In 1989 Gulfstream Park hosted the Breeders Cup for the first time.